Start of School info
Start of School info
AHS Families: A few reminders as we begin the school year on Thursday.
- School begins at 8:25am and ends at 3:10pm. Note the different start/end times for this school year. Doors 1 and 33 will be open at 7:30am for students to wait in the vestibule area. Interior doors to access hallways will be unlocked at 8:05 am.
- Students will report to SRT to begin their day and then follow their Black Day Schedule (Periods 1, 3, 5, 7). If you do not know your SRT teachers name and room number, please reference the attached SRT list or simply ask someone for help.
- All students will receive a new copy of their class schedule on the first day of school. Slight changes may still occur to balance classes or last minute teacher changes. Students should ask a teacher when to eat lunch.
- AM and PM Area 31 students: multiple messages have been sent via Schoology about the beginning of the school year. Please check your Schoology messages about expectations for you.
- AHS does not provide supply lists. Teachers will speak to students about any additional supplies needed for a class. Come prepared on the first day with basic school supplies: paper, pencil/pens, folder, and charged laptop. Textbook rental/school fees statements will be sent in late August.
- Please watch this 5-minute video to help you navigate the traffic flow for pick-up and drop-off at AHS tomorrow. We ask that you are patient with our students, parents, and staff as we work to make arrival and dismissal as safe and efficient process for everyone. As stated in the video, please drop-off/pick-up your child at Doors 1, 13, 28, or 33 each school day. Please communicate your pick-up door location to your student to help him/her go to the appropriate location after school ends.
- Click here for a schedule worksheet to aid students in tracking their classes for each day. It is an easy auto-fill form to download and use.
- Click here for the SRT Class List.
I look forward to seeing our students Thursday! And remember….We are Avon, We are One!