Drop-Off & Pick-Up Procedures
Due to staffing shortages, you may experience transportation delays or cancellations. In the event you need to drop off your child in the morning or pick them up in the afternoon, here are our procedures.
You may drop off your child at Door 1, 28, or 33. Doors 1 and 33 are unlocked at 7:00 am so students can wait in the vestibules instead of outdoors. Interior doors to access hallways will be unlocked at 8:05 am. School begins at 8:25am.
School ends at 3:10 pm. Afternoon pick up happens at the same entrances as morning drop off. Please communicate your pick-up door location to your student to help him/her go to the appropriate location after school ends and refer to the following map for appropriate routes.
Drop Off and Pick Up Updates Due to Construction
Due to continued construction around campus, we have had to make adjustments for our specialized bus transportation.
Click Here to view the PowerPoint w/voiceover describing the parking and traffic changes affecting students, staff and parent drop off/pickup. I suggest watching this as a slide show for easiest viewing w/narration.
Specific items to note:
- Specialized buses needed for some students will drop off and pick up students at Door 37 (horseshoe drive by fieldhouse and auditorium.)
- This will eliminate parking on the northside (nearest to building) of horseshoe parking during the school day and last through next school year. This will allow enough room for buses to park along Door 37.
- 10th graders will continue to not be allowed to drive to school due to parking constraints.
If you have specific questions, please reach out to Assistant Principal Dr. Willis at AWWillis@avon-schools.org. Thank you for your patience as we work through these changes to keep our students and staff safe as we "make room for more."
What if a route is cancelled?
- If Avon Schools cannot provide bus transportation, parents will be asked to provide transportation or the student will be marked excused in their attendance
- If we cannot provide transportation in the morning, evening transportation will not be provided either.
- Avon Schools will alert you through ParentSquare if transportation is not available. Our goal is to be in touch at least an hour before the first scheduled pick up.
- Parents should update their pick-up lists to include trusted adults who may be required to pick up their child after school.